Science: Technology: Space: NASA
· NASA History Office - Current events; index of sites covering history of major aeronautic and astronautic programs, key NASA and NACA (1915-1958) officials, policy documents, statistics, timeline of air and space achievements; publications; links to other resources.
· Shoot for the Moon! - Outlines the highlights of the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo Space Programs from 1961 to 1972. Includes a brief bibliography.
· The Cape: Military Space Operations 1971-1992. - A history of 6555th Aerospace Test Wing's role in missile and space launches at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station from 1971 to 1992. Solidly researched with an excellent citations.
· Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Virtual Tour - Descriptions and photographs of the launch complexes and vehicles.
· A Field Guide to American Spacecraft - Offers guides to locations of over 200 artifacts of USA's space program including X-15's and rocket boosters.
· Highlights of the First 100 American Human Space Flights - A selective chronology of historically important manned space missions from 1961 to 1995. Some flights not covered.
· The History of Space Flight - Includes an index on US American space programs from Project Mercury to the Space Shuttle. Provides a concise summary of each flight and a mission patch. Also has links related to the history of rocketry, important figures in space travel, and prominent NASA centers.
· John Glenn: Three Orbits to History - Presents a brief multimedia history of John Glenn's Mercury flight, the first American mission into Earth orbit. Discusses the training and technology of the Mercury Program and the events of Glenn's space flight.
· NASA Historical Archive for Manned Missions - Space history and information about NASA's manned missions. Mission descriptions, photos and videos of each of USA's manned space exploration missions.
· Research in NASA History: A Guide to the NASA History Program - Book providing details of the historical reference collections at NASA's Headquarters and ten Field Centers. [PDF]
· Robert Hutchings Goddard - A biography of one of America's leading pioneers in rocketry. Includes his contributions to the development liquid and solid fuel rockets and their application to military and civilian purposes.
· The 6555th: Missile and Space Launches Through 1970 - A detailed history of the United States Air Forces' 6555th Aerospace Test Wing at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida. Discusses the role of the 6555th in military missile tests and civilian launch operations at Cape Canaveral. Includes detailed references.
· The Ultimate Space Plane - Space History - Articles related to Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab and Apollo-Soyuz space flights. Also covers past, present, and proposed future missions of the Shuttle.
· United States of America Space Program - Photographs of mission patches and astronauts.
· Where No Man Has Gone Before - W.D. Compton provides a solidly researched and authoritative history of the engineering and scientific accomplishments of the Apollo program from its inception to its last mission. Includes useful appendices and an extensive bibliography.